[UA-discuss] UA Issue - Need some help

Michael Palage michael at palage.com
Tue Apr 17 04:07:26 UTC 2018

Hello All,

I apologize for my silence but I have been buried in GDPR hell.

I have taken a break from GDPR stuff and I am in Bangkok this week for the soft launch of the .SPORT top level domain at a sporting convention. It appears that there are some resolution issues involving the domain which just completed its controlled interruption late last week. Based on my initial analysis it appears that it may be browser based.

I would greatly appreciate it if the list could help me in some trouble shooting by sharing to me your results involving trying to resolve the following 3 domain names which are the only ones in the zone file at this time ALL.SPORT  GDPR.SPORT and NIC.SPORT. The only domain that should resolve content is NIC.SPORT, the other two domain names should provide a pop-up asking for user credentials.

The Registry Operator for .SPORT also ran into problems seeking to use letsencrypt.org to obtain an X.509 certificate for the domains. Letsencrypt and they said they used publicsuffix.org and .SPORT does not appear on their list, see https://publicsuffix.org/list/public_suffix_list.dat

This may or may not be involved with the resolution problem which appears to be more of a Mac/Safari browser issue.

I also found some discussion on this topic which may also be impacting .LLC as well, see  https://github.com/publicsuffix/list/issues/639

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Michael