[UA-discuss] UA Issue - Need some help

Jothan Frakes jothan at jothan.com
Tue Apr 17 06:52:54 UTC 2018

Hi-

I saw this came from THE Michael Palage and expedited it ...

This is now escalated within the team.

I see an issue submitted but not a patch - I'll discuss this with the core
group there to expedite it.

The main volunteer, Gerv Markham has critical health issue and has
transitioned the project of maintaining the PSL over to github where there
new 'owner' who leads the project.

I reviewed the delta between PSL and contracted TLDs and between my efforts
and those of another volunteer we found five that needed attention, as well
as a missking Kashmiri IDN ccTLD for India to add.

I am in touch with the other volunteers with commit privileges about adding
patches for .招聘, .charity, .inc, .llc and .sport and have updated the
ticket accordingly.

Still, Edmon pointed out that despite the UASG recommendations, there are
some downline users such as Apple and some of the other authors of browsers
or software incorporate a static copy of TLD lists into their own releases,
and as such, once these hit the PSL it takes time to trickle out into their
updates and patches.

-J