[UA-discuss] UA Issue - Need some help

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 17 15:34:36 UTC 2018

On 4/17/18 12:52 AM, Jothan Frakes wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I saw this came from THE Michael Palage and expedited it ...
>
> This is now escalated within the team.
>
> I see an issue submitted but not a patch - I'll discuss this with the
> core group there to expedite it.

Thanks.

> The main volunteer, Gerv Markham has critical health issue and has
> transitioned the project of maintaining the PSL over to github where
> there new 'owner' who leads the project.

I'm not sure why you used quotes around the word owner.

Note that Ryan Sleevi actually works on Chrome, not Firefox. This is a
true community effort. Naturally, Gerv's leadership is missed, but
others have stepped into the breach - and he was never the primary
contributor to the GitHub repository:

https://github.com/publicsuffix/list/graphs/contributors

> I reviewed the delta between PSL and contracted TLDs and between my
> efforts and those of another volunteer we found five that needed
> attention, as well as a missking Kashmiri IDN ccTLD for India to add.
>
> I am in touch with the other volunteers with commit privileges about
> adding patches for .招聘, .charity, .inc, .llc and .sport and have
> updated the ticket accordingly.

This issue is indeed closed:

https://github.com/publicsuffix/list/issues/639

So things are working as designed. :-)

There's no magic here requiring special access to a core group, just the
usual open-source processes: file issues, provide pull requests, etc.

Peter