[UA-discuss] Runet + SMTPUTF8 support

Chaals Nevile chaals at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 17 21:58:53 UTC 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 18:33:23 +0200, Andre Schappo <A.Schappo at lboro.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Correction. I did not read the tables carefully enough.
> March 2018: 238 servers with SMTPUTF8
> September 2016: 83 servers with SMTPUTF8
>
> So the overall trend is upwards but there was a peak in May 2017 when
> there were 255 servers with SMTPUTF8

True, but in the old .su domain things are more encouraging, and the .ru
domain (which is still the bulk of runet) shows a far steadier increase,
with numbers measured in 1000s.

Is the drop-off associated with the first sets of renewal fees coming due?
If so, the early growth might have been anomalously fast, and corrected.
Another year or two will add clarity I  suppose.

cheers

--
Chaals: Charles (McCathie) Nevile find more at https://yandex.com
Using Opera's long-abandoned mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/