[UA-discuss] UASGTech Tweeting Now, please share

Chaals Nevile chaals at yandex.ru
Thu Apr 26 04:18:35 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 02:44:54 +0200, Audrey Fery-Forgues
<audrey.feryforgues at icann.org> wrote:

> Please check out UASGTech’s most recent post on Twitter:
> https://twitter.com/UASGTech/status/989299870686101505

I would be grateful if you included the text in these emails. It makes me
more likely to consider repeating the message in a timely way, since I
don't rush to twitter every time I get an email.

> Please be sure to follow the @UASGTech twitter handle, retweet, tag and
> like our posts >in order to help spread the word on Universal Acceptance.

It might be simpler just to ensure that your social media handles, like
your contact details, are clear in each email. Because this isn't how
social media works.

I build my own network, whose value includes not simply being a pipeline
through which anyone else's content is automatically repeated. I choose
what I will retweet, what I will re-express in my own words, and what I
ignore. Others then decide the aggregate is worth giving their attention
to, or to ignore me along with billions of other accounts they don't
follow.

Sorry if this seems like a grouchy rant. But to be clear, being told what
I should say, using my name and reputation, comes across as disrespectful
of my own opinions and expertise. On the assumption that I am not so
exceptional, I think it would be helpful to frame things slightly
differently.

cheers

Chaals

--