[UA-discuss] Email from new domains going to Junk (was: Requesting a contact from outlook/hotmail)

John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Thu Aug 2 18:13:53 UTC 2018

In article <BN6PR21MB01305DAB5A84CBC7A57B09ACD12C0 at BN6PR21MB0130.namprd21.prod.outlook.com> you write:
>Regarding the newer TLDs, the % legitimate traffic registering them is microscopic.  I’ve been told by a spammer that periodically domains in these
>TLDs are available for sale in bulk for cents and therefore very much loved by spammers (.bid, .club as well).

This is the main point.  I don't know anyone who's blocking new TLDs
just for being new, other than a few hobbyists.  But if you think
about it for a few minutes, the only people who want bulk TLDs are
crooks, for spam or for phish and malware landing pages.  It is
entirely reasonable to block an otherwise little used TLD if you see a
spike of abuse from it.

R's,
John