[UA-discuss] Notes from EAI Call 16:00 2018-08-02 UTC

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Sun Aug 5 19:02:17 UTC 2018

UASG
Notes: UASG EAI Coordination Group Call
16:00 2018-08-02 UTC

  1.  Attendance: Evan, Tex, Mark, Ajay, Zied, Michael, Yao, John, Edmon
  2.  Review of revised UASG013
     *   Some last-minute comments received from Tex.
     *   Others hadn't even gotten to the last minute
     *   John to review comments and update document.
     *   Don aims to publish mid-month
  3.  Review of revised UASG019B - EAI Slides
     *   Some last-minute comments received from Tex
     *   John to review and revise based on comments
     *   John's planning on using the slide deck at a conference in Europe early in September and the M3WAAG meeting in New York in October
  4.  Do we run an Online Tutorial?  There was no interest.
  5.  Update on EAI & M3WAAG
     *   John & Barrie gave a presentation in Munich.
     *   John running a tutorial in New York
     *   Don's keen to ensure that M3WAAG participants are aware of EAI (many large email facilitators) and that they are aware of all new TLDs.
  6.  Review of EAI Evaluation Document
     *   Need to have a definition of 'Fuzzy Matching' if we're going to advocate for such.   John to provide additional information
     *   We will NOT test for Unicode passwords
     *   We will test for linkification, but it will result in an advisory notice, not a failure
     *   We will test for the Open Dot, but it will result in an advisory notice, not a failure.  (Note: Don asked if there was an Arabic script equivalent and Ziad said no, there wasn't.)
     *   We should invite the software owner to participate, or at least be aware of our testing - but their lack of participation should not stop our testing.
     *   We need to be explicit about which version we're testing - and where no version number exists the time and location that the testing occurs.
  7.  EAI Widget
     *   Adjust language as per emails
     *   Make it clear that we will NOT be sending an email to the address.
  8.  The UASG should promote engineers' participation in IETF i18n activities
     *   John to provide relevant mailing lists
     *   This is to be included in our standard slide decks.
     *   UA Ambassadors to be briefed.
     *   Include this in the IAMAI workshops
  9.  Barcelona Agenda
     *   Don asked participants to consider agenda items for Barcelona meeting
  10. AoB
     *   Yao asked for an invitation letter to the UA Coordination meeting in India and the creation of a website with the program.
     *   Don & Ajay to finalize soon.

Meeting recording: 129670595  Phone numbers available upon request.

Actions:

  1.  John to review comments on revised UASG013 and make appropriate changes by the 13th of August.  Don to publish
  2.  John to review comments on revised UASG019B and make appropriate changes by the end of August.  Don topublish.
  3.  Evan to make adjustments to EAI Evaluation Report and circulate by mid-August.
  4.  Don to organize changes to EAI Widget and close the project.
  5.  Don to write Blog Post on EAI Widget specifically, and EAI Project generally
  6.  EAI Group supportive of raising participation in IETF i18n community.  Don to raise with UA Coordination Group later in August.
  7.  Don & Ajay to finalise program for UASG Coordination meeting in India in November. (Done)

Don Hollander
Secretary General - UASG
Skype: Don_Hollander