[UA-discuss] Zend Framework

John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Thu Aug 16 02:17:29 UTC 2018

In article <66933b6965ae45f2a300b82442801ec9 at PMBX112-W1-CA-1.PEXCH112.ICANN.ORG> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Is anyone here familiar with the Zend Framework?
>
>See https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/54543/invalid-email-address-admineternal-florist/54613#54613 for relevant.
>
>We'd like to get the Zend Framework capable of recognising all valid Top Level Domains.

I see that particular complaint is from Feb 2015.  After some poking
around I found the current version of the Zend validation code.  It
was last updated in Feb 2018 and makes a heroic attempt to apply all
of the character set rules for all of the TLDs they know about, which
is most of them.

The obvious question, of course, is why they don't just validate a domain name
by looking it up and seeing if it resolves.

https://github.com/zendframework/zend-validator/blob/master/src/Hostname.php

R's,
John