[UA-discuss] Just in times for Chinese New Year....

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 08:05:43 UTC 2018

Hi Don.
Thanks for the pointer to the article, I read it with interest.
However, I have a comment.
When they say:
“17 million users are denied from internet access as domain names and email addresses of their native languages, predominantly non-Latin characters such as Chinese, do not work online”
I assume they mean that there are 17 million registrants, but I was unable to find in our study that they reference the exact meaning of this figure. In my opinion the users affected are at least a factor of 100 bigger because it should include all those who cannot access the web sites or email addresses, not just the owners.
Can you please clarify what is the real impact - or point me to a place where I can find these figures?
Thanks,
Roberto