[UA-discuss] Is there anywhere that lists the number of IDNs registered? Or names registered in IDN TLDs? cc & g?

Michael Palage michael at palage.com
Tue Jan 16 05:11:07 UTC 2018

Hello Don,

So the best way is to perhaps ask ICANN for these numbers in the aggregate
in connection IDN TLDs. ICANN delays posting the monthly registry reports
for a period of three months. Probably the best public resource is to use a
site such as ntldstats and look at the size of the zone files in these TLDs
which are generally accurate with a day or two.  Note however these numbers
only include domains in the zone file, but NOT the total in the
authoritative database.

So I did some quick massaging of data available from ntldstats and my quick
math shows 655,565 (CELL H95)second levels domains in IDN TLDs although a
handful of these may be ascii, i.e NIC.IDN.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Michael

registered? Or names registered in IDN TLDs? cc & g?

Don Hollander

Universal Acceptance Steering Group

www.uasg.tech <http://www.uasg.tech>

don.hollander at icann.org <mailto:don.hollander at icann.org>