[UA-discuss] [FYI] Call for Participation Announced! - 42nd Internationalization & Unicode Conference, Santa Clara, CA - September 10-12, 2018

Andre Schappo A.Schappo at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jan 26 11:43:37 UTC 2018

As I have stated before, one of the root causes of UA problems is the lack of Unicode and programming internationalisation education in schools and universities eg students graduate having only ever considered ASCII.

Some of the global skills I have taught over the years are briefly described in schappo.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/computer-science-internationalization_20.html<http://schappo.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/computer-science-internationalization_20.html>

I think it high time for educators to be teaching global skills. So I am happy to give a presentation or workshop entitled "How I Internationalised my Computer Science Teaching"

But .... I need funding to cover my travel costs from England, accommodation ...etc... Any organisation on this list willing to fund my attendance at IUC42? Don, can you fund it?

I am not going to apply for funding from any academic Computer Science funding body because I know it will be a waste of time.

André Schappo