[UA-discuss] interesting UA issue discovered

Edmon edmon at registry.asia
Tue Jan 30 07:11:45 UTC 2018

We have been advocating for more lenience in allowing new TLDs in linkification.... seems like we just found an interesting issue that propped up...

One of the tools (social media one) converted a domain we were posting in brackets: (http://ymi.asia) into a link for "ymi.asia)" included the close-bracket in the link... accidentally creating a dead link, we suspect they tried to update their previous script to allow anything after the dot until a space... should we look into any of our documents to flag this?..

Edmon