[UA-discuss] interesting UA issue discovered

Chaals McCathie Nevile chaals at yandex.ru
Tue Jan 30 11:00:00 UTC 2018

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 08:11:45 +0100, Edmon <edmon at registry.asia> wrote:

> One of the tools (social media one) converted a domain we were posting
> in brackets: (http://ymi.asia) into a link for "ymi.asia)" included the
> close-bracket in the link... accidentally creating a dead link, we
> suspect they tried to update their previous script to allow anything
> after the dot until a space... should we look into any of our documents
> to flag this?..

This is a *really* common problem in linkification tools in general.
Wherever we talk about linkification we should flag it. Ultimately the
solution is heuristic, but the saving of 2-10 seconds each time someone
does this probably adds up to many lifetimes each year...

cheers

--
Chaals is Charles McCathie Nevile
find more at http://yandex.com