[UA-discuss] EAI Evaluation: Phase 1, Part 1, review call - Notes

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Tue Jul 10 08:49:09 UTC 2018

The following are the draft notes from today's calls:

Also, at the end of this email are instructions for those who want to listen to the first call (recording didn't work on the second call)

Don
Notes

EAI Evaluation: Phase 1, Part 1, review call

The purpose of the call was to review draft 3 of the document.

Results of the calls:

  *   Include some criteria for diversity of operating system platform.   Note that hardware platform will be limited to traditional computers and mobile devices - e.g. we won't be testing on the latest Tesla
  *   There was discussion on the Geographic Diversity column.  The purpose of the column was to see if there were any blatant gaps that may be served by local software not necessarily visible.  We noted that we had nothing on the list from LAC, Africa or MENA.  We recognize that all software can be used around the world, but we will actively seek out regional solutions to see if they should be included based on the other criteria.  Also noted in the call was there was no specific Japanese focused software or service.  There may need to be some more granular geographic assessments.
  *   There were some errors in server-based software that was classified as MUAs.  There may have been other category errors.   Participants were asked to identify any such errors and report them to the list.
  *   Yahoo and AOL are combining, so there is no need to have both on the list.
  *   There's a desire to have a separate study on the UA & EAI Readiness of anti-abuse software that may separately hinder UA & EAI.  This will be considered once the EAI Software and Services evaluation is completed.
  *   A fifth selection criterion should be added where a solution may be relatively small but provides critical services of a national or international significance.
  *   Once corrections are made to the table, we should circulate just that table to the UA-Discuss list (and elsewhere) seeking suggestions for locally popular software or services.

Missed the meeting? Here's the replay info...
A recording was initiated on the following conference and has been enabled for Replay:
Meeting Details

Conference ID:

129670595

Conference Date:

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Conference Time:

7:57 AM (New Zealand Time)

REPLAY DETAILS:

Replay Start Date:

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Replay Start Time:

8:52 AM

Replay End Date:

Thursday, August 09, 2018

Replay End Time:

8:52 AM

REPLAY LOGIN:

Replay Passcode:

244839603

Dial-In Numbers:

Int'l Toll - USA, Colorado, Colorado Springs

+1 719 457 0820

US/CAN Toll free - USA Toll Free

1-888-203-1112

International toll free - Argentina

0800 666 3185

International toll free - Australia

1 800 154 669

Local - Australia, Sydney

+61 (0)2 9101 1954

International toll free - Austria

0800 291 930

Local - Austria, Vienna

+43 (0)7 2022 8215

International toll free - Belgium

0800 72 055

Local - Belgium, Brussels

+32 (0)2 620 0568

Universal free phone - Brazil

0800 891 6841

Local - Canada

+1 647 436 0148

International toll free - Chile

123 0020 9732

Lo-call - China

+400 120 1651

International toll free - China, Northern Region

10 800 714 1196

International toll free - China, Southern Region

10 800 140 1178

International toll free - Colombia

01 800 518 0796

International toll free - Czech Republic

800 700 291

Local - Czech Republic, Prague

+420 234 102 165

International toll free - Denmark

Local - Denmark, Copenhagen

+45 70 145 087

Local - Finland, Helsinki

+358 (0)9 8171 0562

International toll free - France

0800 901 913

Local - France, Paris

+33 (0)1 70 48 00 94

International toll free - Germany

0800 181 1763

Local - Germany, Frankfurt

+49 (0)69 2000 1800

Local - Germany, Munich

+49 (0)89 1436 7853

International toll free - Greece

00 800 161 2205 5973

International toll free - Hong Kong

800 901 108

Local - Hong Kong, Hong Kong

+852 3008 0334

International toll free - Hungary

06 800 16 257

International toll free - India

000 800 100 6986

Local - India, Mumbai

+91 (0)22 6101 4558

International toll free - Indonesia

1 803 017 5973

International toll free - Ireland

1 800 760 610

Local - Ireland, Dublin

+353 (0)1 533 9810

International toll free - Israel

1 80 924 6038

International toll free - Italy

800 873 758

Local - Italy, Milan

+39 02 3859 1061

Local - Italy, Rome

+39 06 9974 9106

International toll free - Japan

00531 160 842

International toll free - Japan

0120 302 017

International toll free - Japan Mobile

0120 302 238

Local - Japan, Tokyo

+81 (0)3 4455 9755

International toll free - Latvia

8000 2714

International toll free - Lithuania

8 800 3 04 90

International toll free - Luxembourg

800 27 663

International toll free - Malaysia

1 800 813 722

International toll free - Mexico

001 800 514 5974

International toll free - Monaco

800 93 423

International toll free - Netherlands

0800 023 5313

Local - Netherlands, Amsterdam

+31 (0)20 721 8903

International toll free - New Zealand

0 800 451 043

International toll free - Norway

800 19 672

International toll free - Norway, Oslo

+47 2350 0077

International toll free - Panama

00 800 226 5973

International toll free - Philippines

1 800 111 021 12

International toll free - Poland

00 800 111 49 89

Local - Poland, Warsaw

+48 (0)22 583 00 20

International toll free - Portugal

800 819 712

Local - Romania, Bucharest

+40 (0)21 589 0815

International toll free - Russia

810 800 2702 1012

International toll free - Singapore

800 101 2009

Local - Singapore, Singapore

+65 6517 0784

International toll free - Slovenia

0800 80 198

International toll free - South Africa

0800 980 995

Local - South Africa,Johannesburg

+27 11 062 3065

International toll free - South Korea

0030 813 1970

International toll free - Spain

900 947 602

Local - Spain, Madrid

+34 91 829 9783

International toll free - Sweden

020 798 558

Local - Sweden, Stockholm

+46 (0)8 5199 3077

International toll free - Switzerland

0800 564 404

Local - Switzerland, Geneva

+41 (0)22 567 5709

Local - Switzerland, Zurich

+41 (0)43 547 8002

International toll free - Taiwan

0080 112 6971

International toll free - Thailand

001 800 156 205 5973

International toll free - UK

0808 101 1153

Local - UK, London

+44 (0)20 7660 0134

International toll free - Uruguay

0004 019 0195

International toll free - Venezuela

0 800 162 7496

Your replay will be available generally within 2 hours, but may take up to 24 hours after conference completion, and can be reached by calling the number and entering the replay passcode.

Don Hollander
Secretary General - UASG
Skype: Don_Hollander