[UA-discuss] Update on EAI Evaluation

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Tue Jul 17 21:34:57 UTC 2018

Further to last week's call looking at the EAI Evaluation - Phase 1 documentation, the following changes have been made:

  *   Section 2.3.2 - Cross-platform software (separate tests for the major operating systems, where applicable)
  *   Section 3.1.4 - Platform diversity criterion (operating systems, hardware).
  *   Section 3.1.5 - Importance criterion (I tried to word this so that it addresses both the india.gov.in case from the second call and Tex's point #1 from his email of 10/7).
  *   Section 3.2.1 - Out-of-scope software (antispam etc.)
The latest version is attached.

One of the tasks we would like you to do is review the table and:

  1.  Make sure that we have the 'x' in the right column(s) for each of the applications list
  2.  Make sure that we have not forgotten any applications that might be relevant - particularly with the added criteria of Importance and the geographic absence of application predominantly used in Africa, MENA or Latin America.
  3.  Advise if there are any applications in the table that don't, in your view, meet sufficient criteria to be included.

Don

Don Hollander
Secretary General - UASG
Skype: Don_Hollander