[UA-discuss] Arabic Letters and Punycode Conversion

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Jun 4 19:34:39 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 02:54:55PM +0200, Chaals Nevile wrote:
> Hi,
>
> do you mean limited to a string of length 57, or that there are 57
> characters that can be converted to punycode (I am not sure how many
> different Arabic letters are possible when counting all the possible
> combinations of diacritics...)

In any case, Punycode can represent all of Unicode, because of the way
it is designed, so it is not true that only 57 characters "can be
converted to punycode".  It might be that some zone's policies,
however, are sufficiently restrictive that only 57 Arabic code points
are permitted.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com