[UA-discuss] Issue needs discussion and closure
A.Schappo at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 12 18:07:04 UTC 2018
My thoughts on EAI issues includes:-
Mail Service Providers (MSPs) should make their long term goal the provision and support of Unicode for the local part of an email address. Each MSP should publicly publish the permitted characters for the local part, in a manner similar to iana.org/domains/idn-tables<http://iana.org/domains/idn-tables> So, for example, If I was a Korean MSP, I may well allow hangeul and ASCII in the local part.
In the meantime MSPs will need to interchange with other MSPs which are not yet onboard with EAI. So interim measures will include supporting xn--anything and alias downgrading ie downgrading to an ASCII alias. DataMail leads the way on this.
On 11 Mar 2018, at 02:49, Ajay Data <ajay at data.in<mailto:ajay at data.in>> wrote:
In UASG workshop today, we had a detailed recap and discussion on UA + EAI issues. During discussion, we agreed the following points to be discussed further and need resolution…
1. Sender ID as xn--anything in local part.
If email server receives an email FROM xn--anything at validdomain , should email server at receiving end Do..
1. the conversion of xn--anything to UTF8 string.
2. Leave it the way it was received i.e xn-anything
1. Is Mixing of scripts is allowed in mailbox local part While creating a mailbox like..
1. scripta at scriptbdomain - ajay@ਡਾਟਾਮੇਲਭਾਰਤ<mailto:ajay@%E0%A8%A1%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%9F%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%AE%E0%A9%87%E0%A8%B2.%E0%A8%AD%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%A4>
2. scripta+scriptc at scriptbdomain ajayअजय@ਡਾਟਾਮੇਲ.ਭਾਰਤ<mailto:%E0%A8%B8%E0%A9%B0%E0%A8%AA%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%95@%E0%A8%A1%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%9F%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%AE%E0%A9%87%E0%A8%B2.%E0%A8%AD%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%A4>
1. Alias ID on MUA:
We already agreed that Downgrading of Alias is good practice and to be followed by email servers while communicating with legacy systems , however we have not discussed how Alias will be made available on MUA and if there are many Alias, than which will be used for downgrading.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the UA-discuss