[UA-discuss] Draft Notes - UA at ICANN61 2018-03-22

Andre Schappo A.Schappo at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 26 11:41:39 UTC 2018

On 26 Mar 2018, at 11:57, Chaals Nevile <chaals at yandex.ru<mailto:chaals at yandex.ru>> wrote:

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 11:15:03 +0200, Don Hollander <don.hollander at icann.org<mailto:don.hollander at icann.org>> wrote:

A practical note:

This list makes use of MailMan – which in theory is EAI ready.
This list is hosted by ICANN.
ICANN IT will have to have changes in its infrastructure for these objectives to b read

  *   Correct operating systems hosting mailman
  *   Correct version of mailman running
  *   ?maybe an up-to-date version of ICANN’s MTA if it doesn’t use MailMan’s own (assuming it has one)

Such measures would be interesting, but they have a bottleneck in a single spot and probably not a good measure – at least at this time.

I think that "when the bottlenecks are important enough for ICANN IT to solve" is a good milestone to track. We may not be the first to resolve the problem, but how long it takes those promoting the solution to be able to use it is a pretty useful thing to note.

I also agree that when we get spam on EAI addresses will be a good milestone to note.

On the assumption that ua-discuss will at some time in the future fully support EAI, one could have periodic reports on the percentage of ua-discuss members using EAI addresses on ua-discuss. When fully supported, I will join ua-discuss with an EAI address. For an interim period I will have both EAI and ASCII addresses on ua-discuss. When I am happy that everything is working correctly I will drop my ua-discuss ASCII email.

André Schappo

Don