[UA-discuss] UA and phishiness

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed May 2 13:56:51 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:28:15AM -0700, Paul Stahura wrote:
> folks should not block entire TLDs, only subdomains
> which is what happens in all legacy TLDs.  I doubt any admin is blocking ALL of
> .com, .biz, .uk etc

I think you are quite incorrect that people are not blocking all of
.biz (or all of .info) today.  There definitely are people who do
that.  This is the Internet, of course, so if they want to do that
it's their choice.  If they're doing it because they think a given TLD
is insufficiently aggressive about stepping on sources of abuse, then
perhaps that will encourage TLD operators to enforce the T&C.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com