[UA-discuss] Mixing between RTL and LTR scripts

Paul Stahura paul at donuts.email
Mon May 7 15:47:53 UTC 2018

I’m pretty sure ICANN disallows script mixing in labels via their contracts with registries.
They did this to limit phishing using lookalike names that contained a mix of idn and ascii characters.
But I can’t find, after a cursory look-see, where that policy/prohibition is located in the registry agreements.
I’m not an expert in this area.    its probably here somewhere:  https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registry-agreement-amendment-templates-2018-01-29-en <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registry-agreement-amendment-templates-2018-01-29-en>
It is allowed across the entire domain name (TLD and SLD in different scripts)