[UA-discuss] EAI - A Technical Overview: UASG012 v2018-05-19

Dr Ajay Data ajay at data.in
Sat May 26 09:59:15 UTC 2018

Few points.. In Glossary: We may consider to -Add:Alias (In this document, we are calling this as "substitute ASCII address")DowngradingLGRIDNChange:Variant characters: "Characters in a script with the same meaning but different visual representations", does not seem to explain correctly. we need to rewrite by considering the following. Recommended by Sarmad on 10th April:  --------------------Please either use &ldquovariant label&rdquo or &ldquovariant code point&rdquo to clarify which level you are talking about.  Using &ldquovariant&rdquo is ambiguous as it can mean either a label or a code point.  This practice is being recommended by the IDN Guidelines WG in their recent revision of the IDN Guidelines .
So that could be visually identical?  - YES variants &ndash though identical is hard to define
Or confusingly similar? &ndash NO, not variants &ndash unless considered variants for some other reason by the community
Or the same semantic meaning? &ndash Yes for Chinese, but could be considered non-variants for other scripts-----------------------
IMAP: Internet Message Access Protocol, a standard for managing mail messages and folders on remote servers. The current version is IMAP4. Compare to POP.The domain name used receive.net / sender.org in examples may require attention as I found that receive.net is resolving to 69.172.201.153 . May be we can have receive.uasg.tech and send.uasg.tech or something else .  These are the few suggestions before I read it once more.

Thanks.

Dr. Ajay DATA  | Founder &amp CEO

Get email id like अजय@डाटा.भारत in your own language,visit www.xgenplus.com

From: Don Hollander   MailId : [81577288]To: "ua-discuss at icann.org" Subject: [UA-discuss] EAI - A Technical Overview: UASG012 v2018-05-19Date: 18 May 2018 11:37:23 PM     Attached please find the final draft of our Guide to EAI.This is a significant document for the UASG, comparable to our UAG007 - Introduction to Universal Acceptance.Comments are welcome. I plan on publishing this to the website at the end of the month.We will run a review of this early in the new year after it has had some time for the community to exercise it.I want to thank those who have participated in its production. Particularly John Levine, the author and Mark Svancarek who lead the close reading, and those who participated in the close readings, and Audrey Fery-Forgues who built it into the UASG style and created relevant diagrams.DonUASG012 v2018-05-19Note: To protect against computer viruses, email programs may prevent you from sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your email security settings to determine how attachments are handled.Do not Remove:[HID]20180518233723100[-HID]