[UA-discuss] Quick Guide to Right-to-Left scripts

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Thu Nov 8 23:14:20 UTC 2018

Attached please find some notes and thoughts from SaudiNic on dealing with the treatment of Arabic script in domain names and email addresses.

During the discussion at the UASG meeting in Barcelona we decided that we wanted to consider a Quick Guide to Right-to-left scripts and that we could use the work that SaudiNic and the TF-AIDN has already done on this topic.

The attached is based on Arabic script.    Could it be used for other Right-To-Left scripts (i.e. Hebrew)?

Are the adjustments that we would want to make before adopting it as a UASG standard?

Your comments before the end of November are most welcome indeed.

Don

Don Hollander
Secretary General - UASG
Skype: Don_Hollander