[UA-discuss] OpenSSL, was Where should IDN translation happen?

Michael Casadevall michael at casadevall.pro
Thu Nov 15 14:26:53 UTC 2018

On 11/15/2018 08:55 AM, Dmitry Belyavsky wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> I suggest leaving aside the delivery and corresponding verification of
> addresses by MTA.
> It seems to be out of the scope of OpenSSL.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

I was referring to how the From header in the email is used by MTAs and
how it relates to S/MIME, and why the u-label needs to be in the
certificate *or* verification has to allow for conversion on the fly.

I'll get on the OpenSSL mailing list at some point, but I'm waiting for
John to weigh in on my write up.
Michael