[UA-discuss] interesting to note about emoji in mailbox name.

Mark Svancarek (CELA) marksv at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 11 20:46:18 UTC 2019

A more restricted prohibition might give a better balance: insist that all emoji in an email name are treated as ignorable. That way, people can add them, as long as the remainder of the name contains a string of unique code points.  You would be able to have I❤NYC, but not if someone else has INYC.
Asmus, this is a great idea.  I don’t know what role UASG might have in promoting it, but I am personally game to try.
Also, more people should use the word “churlish”.
/marksv