[UA-discuss] interesting to note about emoji in mailbox name.

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri Apr 12 21:05:19 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:29:27AM -0700, Tex wrote:
> We need to declare an explicit list of characters that should be avoided.

No, you most certainly should not do this.  You should do it the other
way.  The PRECIS guidelines are the approach to follow.

> As the argument against allowing emoji is largely based on confusability

The argument against allowing emoji is based on the UTC's
recommendations for identifiers, not confusability.  This entire topic
is well-trod ground.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com