[UA-discuss] interesting to note about emoji in mailbox name.

Tex textexin at xencraft.com
Fri Apr 12 21:48:25 UTC 2019

Andrew,

Fair enough. In that case a suitable tailored profile needs to be identified for mailboxes, as the UTC recommendation for identifiers has flexibility dependent on the syntax and usage of its application and isn't a one size fits all specification.

I can also agree the discussion of the specifics falls outside of UASG. However a warning to those supporting Universal Acceptance that there are issues that still need resolving and to be conservative around allowing emoji and other graphical characters until there is clarity seems appropriate to improve gathering support. Without a caution, users experiencing significant difficulties will counter our messages and delay acceptance.

tex