[UA-discuss] interesting to note about emoji in mailbox name.

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 15 16:17:29 UTC 2019

On 4/15/2019 8:51 AM, Andrei Kolesnikov wrote:
> It is dangerous, stated many times. And so it is out of scope for UASG.

The reason this keeps coming up is the way "out-of-scope" is understood
differently.

One meaning is "not interesting, won't talk about, somebody else's
concern". Another interpretation would be "Universal Acceptance
explicitly does not apply" (e.g. because these are dangerous).

I guess, people want to see the second interpretation of "out-of-scope"
stated more emphatically.

However, even inside the valid IDNs there are many problematic issues
(see e-mail by Andre and my follow-up). Those issues may require a
discussion whether "universal acceptance" and "uncritical acceptance"
are the same thing.

A./