[UA-discuss] interesting to note about emoji in mailbox name.

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 16 18:11:48 UTC 2019

On 4/16/2019 8:24 AM, John Levine wrote:
>> So, instead, what of defining good mailbox naming practice for just
>> one of the orthography categories? This could serve to illustrate
>> both good practice (Universal Acceptance) and bad practice
>> (Uncritical Acceptance).
>
> Sorry, what do you mean by "orthography categories"?  There's plenty
> of advice about scripts and character classes and confusables that we
> can build on.

I think this is intended to cover what I would call "modern, everyday
general use", or the letters that people learn in school, as opposed to
arcane, outdated, specialized code points for the same languages and
scripts that are also in Unicode for use by scholars and other
specialized and expert users.

The proposal is apparently to pick an example for didactic purposes.

A./