[UA-discuss] [UA-EAI] [Ext] Re: UA-EAI WG charter

Mark Svancarek (CELA) marksv at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 9 21:34:13 UTC 2019

Although I disagreed with Jay on the topics of outreach, ambassadors, promotion, etc., I want to say that I do agree that providing travel support more broadly than we do now is not a good idea.

As the charter says, "...The UASG is envisioned to be an activity-oriented advocacy group, not a policy-oriented group. As a result, weighted representation is not expected, and participation from various stakeholders is expected to change over time and depending on the activities and priorities appropriate at various stages of the project."

UASG membership is wide open, but travel assistance is approved on a case-by-case basis related to specific tasks, not related to affiliation.