[UA-discuss] Armenia

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 12 22:04:30 UTC 2019

On 2/12/2019 12:33 PM, John Levine wrote:
> In article <1A1FCA40-9172-4FCF-AC8B-2A4A1FE3E11A at verisign.com> you write:
>>> should look into requesting an update of UTS#46 to add the “Armenian dot” or in the protocol itself (e.g. a mapping solution)?
> No -- the problem is that you need different mappings for different
> input languages.  See the message I just sent.

What about URLs that are in a document or database?

There's no "input language" for them. (Or not necessarily one).

I think for things like separators, the only thing that works is a
generic set of acceptable ones that will be converted, so that no matter
from where you access a URL it will work the same.

Whether such mapping would be sensitive to the *script* of some
character found in the domain name, that's another matter.

A./