[UA-discuss] Armenia

John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Wed Feb 13 03:51:38 UTC 2019

> What I am arguing is that you cannot retroactively apply standards that
> haven't been followed; particularly for HTML you have a whole internet's
> worth of legacy data that any system must be able to handle and continue to
> do so for the indefinite future.

I suppose we're stuck with UTS46 for IDNs in URLs for now, but as we are
seeing there are places where UTS46 does the wrong thing, so there are
places we can fix at the front end.

After all, if the input is preprocssed into valid U-labels and dots, UTS46
nontransitional shouldn't make things any worse.

Regards,
John Levine, john.levine at standcore.com
Standcore LLC