[UA-discuss] Acceptance of Nomination for UASG Chair

Ajay Data ajay at data.in
Wed Feb 27 09:31:44 UTC 2019

Hello Friends,

With support from existing leadership, members of UASG, ICANN community and
Officers, Team Mates, family and Friends,  I hereby accept my nomination for
Chair of UASG.

Here are few things which may be useful for you to know me better.

My Current Involvement with  ICANN:

        ccNSO Council Member (NomCom Appointed)

        Co-Chair - Neo Brahmi Generation Panel (9 Scripts LGR's being
finalised - 8 Completed)

        Member - ISPCP (GNSO)

        Member & EAI Co-ordinator - UASG

        Community Leader - APAC

        Member - Study Group on Technical Use of RZ-LGR

Brief Bio:  (google can tell about lot more, however here is brief)
(
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nomcom-bios-2018-2018-08-09-en#ajay-d
ata>
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nomcom-bios-2018-2018-08-09-en#ajay-da
ta )

Dr. Ajay Data is an award winner techno commercial Founder & CEO of multiple
technology companies. He always puts people first, believes in long term
relationships with team mates. He does not believe in employee employer
relationship, rather co-workers with a vision to achieve common goal. As a
CEO of the 1000+ team members of the company, he has been driving
initiatives to build a skilled and culturally-diverse global workforce. His
innovation and execution of software products like BharatSync, XgenPlus
<https://www.xgenplus.com/> , Spamjadoo, DATAMAIL <https://www.datamail.in/>
has got users world over and won multiple patents. Making a modest start on
April 18th 1999 as Rajasthan's first private Internet Service Provider, the
company rapidly expanded its line of businesses in the areas of
e-Governance, Software Products, Turnkey IT Solutions and Mobile
Technologies. Recently Data Xgen Technologies got global recognition for
bringing in first of its kind IDN email supporting email addresses in Hindi,
Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Cyrillic, Thai, Korean, Arabic plus 15
more languages. Dr. Data is Managing Director of Data Group of Industries
with an annual business turnover of approx US $200 Million and sought after
speaker and leader by young entrepreneurs for mentoring and guidance.
Recently Govt. of Rajasthan also started linguistic email services to every
citizen on the innovation and technology built under his leadership and
guidance. Along with his wide ranging experience in these organizations, he
is also leading the ICANN's Neo Brahmi General Panel
<https://community.icann.org/display/croscomlgrprocedure/Neo-Brahmi+GP>  for
generating LGR's , EAI Coordinator in Universal Acceptance Group, Member of
ISPCP Constituency and Expert Panel of RZ-LGR
<https://community.icann.org/display/croscomlgrprocedure/Study+Group+on+Tech
nical+Use+of+RZ-LGR>  Application

UASG and related Contribution:

        Actively Participated in finalising many UASG documents.

        Attended many face to face meeting and workshops.

        Shared knowledge with email providers to be fully EAI ready.

        Help Create case studies on successful deployment of 4 million EAI
Mailboxes.

        Participated in conceptualizing UA "Thought Leader Award"

        Worked with Microsoft to test there phase 1 EAI Readiness including
hosting of Microsoft EAI addresses.

        Announced FREE https://eai.xgenplus.com <https://eai.xgenplus.com/>
for public testing of EAI servers and related tools.

        Announce FREE DataMail for people to try out EAI experience.

        Addressed 20+ sessions in last two years for IDN/EAI/UA .

        Mentored Startups to make there solutions UA ready and help them to
raise funds .

        Supported UA Ambassadors with EAI address for demonstrations and
there presentations.

        Motivated company to open source EAI address validator java source
code.

Some Personal Experience and Contribution towards Promoting EAI / IDN:

        Successfully Motivated Government to include UASG recommendation
for procurement in tender conditions.

        Successfully motivated Rajasthan Government to setup EAI and offer
FREE Email address in regional language.

         Rajasthan Government has 70 million population.
(mail.rajasthan.in)

        Having TLDs in Indian scripts will directly impact growth of the
country's internet infra as well, says Ajay Data -            Article
<http://epaper.livemint.com/epaper/viewer.aspx?issue=67862018100100000000001
001&page=32&article=7c29ab8c-a75f-4bef-b94c-384c1a29b174&key=zVT0pMVX2H%2BDG
%2FE6Na0NeA%3D%3D&feed=rss>

        Case Study of XgenPlus
<https://uasg.tech/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/UASG013D-161222-XGEN_PLUS.pdf>

        Promoted linguistic
<http://bwcio.businessworld.in/article/Data-XGen-offers-Innovative-and-Secur
e-Email-Service-DataMail/22-05-2018-149820/>  email through PR

        Promoted
<http://bwcio.businessworld.in/article/-10-Billion-opportunity-for-Digital-B
usinesses-Breaking-the-Digital-Barrier/30-08-2018-158826/>  UA 10 billion $
opportunity via authored article.

        Road to Freedom
<https://www.varindia.com/news/road-to-freedom-bridging-the-digital-divide-w
ith-linguistic-email-services>

Future of UASG:

Future of UASG is directly dependent upon its effective awareness, engaging
with multi stake holders and most importantly ensuring that we do not get
stuck in one direction. We need 360 degree initiatives in all directions. We
all 400+ members in UASG need to get involved to make this mission possible.
Some of the initiative I would like to recommend is to-

1.       Engage with large companies like Facebook, Twitter, Expedia, BBC,
Airbnb, Hoels.com etc to get support for UA initiative and they themselves
become UA ready.

2.      Engage with Govt ,specially in non-English speaking regions where
IDN/EAI can bring billions online.  ICANN Charter
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/icann-org-publishes-charter-on-government-e
ngagement-approach>  to engage with      Government must be considered in
the approach.

3.      Engage with technology companies and open source communities for
enabling support directed towards UA, IDN / EAI in there applications.

4.      Engage with PR/Media companies in Each region for awareness.

5.      Engage with Startups and small tech companies to show them business
opportunities around UA .

6.      Continue and Review existing UA initiatives, and built consensus of
community around each program.

7.      Engage with gTLD or IDN TLD operators for understanding there
ongoing issues related to UA and help address them through UA.

8.      Continue taking support from existing leadership and utilize
experience.

9.      Keep addressing new challenges while addressing new opportunities.

I believe that considering my experience to lead large organisation, manage
budgets in my various business and organisations, along with my experience
of ICANN/TIE/EO/APNIC to work with teams in different times zones with multi
stake holders,  I will try my best to do justice with UASG and trust that
you all will support me to lead UASG as well as participate to serve
Universal Acceptance community mission and help UASG  to get billion people
online while solving the UA issues.  I would ensure that each member voice
is heard positively to take the mission to each and every person.

I can be reached anytime on my email or on skype - ajaykummar , please feel
free to message me and I will be happy to talk.

Thank you.

Dr. Ajay Data