[UA-discuss] UASG @ ICANN64 in Kobe

Mark Svancarek (CELA) marksv at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 27 23:05:57 UTC 2019

I will attend the Workshop on FRI 8th.
I will not be able to attend on WED 13th due to a conflict with EPDP Team Meeting 3 of 4.

Please also note the ALAC session later on WED 13th:
https://64.schedule.icann.org/meetings/962007
At-Large Leadership Policy Workshop 3: Challenges and possible At-Large opportunities regarding Universal Acceptance

Challenges and possible At-Large opportunities regarding Universal Acceptance; One of the most significant barriers to the successful expansion of the DNS is the lack of universal acceptance of the new names both Latin and IDN. If the majority of websites reject new URLs and email addresses widespread adoption of these strings will forever be limited. In this session we'll discuss the state of so-called Universal Acceptance, what is being done and what more could be done. In particular, will discuss if there is a role for the at-large structures (ALS) in evangelizing the concept to the major players in their region.

Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/-aAWBg

Session Leader: Heidi Ullrich

Staff Facilitator: Gisella Gruber