[UA-discuss] Dr. Ajay Data as nominee for UASG.

Alexei Sozonov a.sozon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:06:15 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

It is with strong fillings that I make this point: really, who is the right
person (not the "best person" - the best person might be another
individual) to Chair UASG - Universal Acceptance Steering Group. To be
precise - Universal Acceptance of IDN Steering Group - were IDN  refer to
Internationalized domain names and IDN emails.
Dr Ajay Data invested greatly to know this issue and fit the Chair  - he
has done and practically achieved what nobody in the world had done before
him - working IDN email. UASG now have large part of its work to push this
particular technology in the web. Needless to say that he is not a native
English speaker, which obviously gives him right perspective to see and
test Universal Acceptance (NON-English by English) issues. He is a hard
working ambassador of multilingual India - second most populated non-ascii
country in the world. Might we remember, the fact is, that before his
company first launched IDN email, general approach of the UASG were that
"it will be done some time in the future - who knows when".
As part of the process (as NEW IDN GTLg Registry and IDN email pioneers in
Russia) I really afraid if Dr. Ajay Data, for any reason, won't take this
position of Chairing UASG.

Very respectfully,
Alexei Sozonov