[UA-discuss] UASG Coordination Group - Face to Face Meeting

Ashish Modi ashishmodi at xgenplus.com
Wed Jan 2 14:03:12 UTC 2019

Hello William, Ram, Don and other community members,
Though I have never met your personally in any of the UA meetings but I partially agree with your point. We all need to discuss in detail about what is expected and contributed by members of UASG and with little specific to UA Ambassadors as they are directly appointed for spreading awareness. It should be noted that UA Ambassadors are not employees or paid consultants, they are like any other UA member and I don`t think UA ambassadors are even paid any $`s or they have spent any money till now at-least in India. Rather UA ambassadors have spent money from there pocket for travel etc and contributed in UA mission. We need to have clear direction, agenda and guideline with the Roles and Responsibility for UA Ambassadors and members. This may be discussed in the upcoming F2F meeting in Washington or in Kobe. If you are attending there , please feel free to raise these points. Unfortunately I am not able to attend in person in DC or remotely. However it should be discussed as it will also be very helpful for any new UA Ambassador joining.Regarding IAMAI event, though I was speaker there and found good awareness activity being done by every speaker around UASG and its issues. Some people may not be satisfied enough and believe more could have been done. I would agree, we can always improve. To bridge the gap, UASG leadership may consider inviting all UA ambassadors in at-least one of the ICANN in a year and now probably to the upcoming meet in ICANN 64 at Kobe (its focused on IDN) so that everyone can be able to present on what they have contributed individually and what was expected from them and also prepare them for one year. It would be my pleasure to talk to you, please let me know your skype, whatsapp or any other medium.Thanks,AMUA Ambassador to India

Skype:- ashishmodi5

From: "William Donovan"   MailId : [87613749]To: "Don Hollander" Cc: "ua-discuss at icann.org" Subject: Re: [UA-discuss] UASG Coordination Group - Face to Face MeetingDate: 01 Jan 2019 03:41:28 PM

Hello Ram, Don and other community members
Happy New Year. Year 2019 will be brining many vicissitudes in UASG as the tenure of chair Ram Mohan is on accomplishment and fresh being will take the chair to foster UASG mission accompanied by vice chairs and UA Ambassadors in near future. Formerly it transpire can we have momentary update of every distinct impact how they lead to achieve UASG mission. What if the future take of UASG as with existing small group of few UA Ambassadors out of whom merely few of them were really able to contribute what was really expected from them specifically the ASIA region team which has radically botched in conveying regarding which we all overheard abundant in Kobe for wastage of UASG funds with completely failed events held in India explicitly with IAMAI. What&rsquos the new pipeline of fresh faces for UA Ambassadors and how soon UASG is adding them so that the mission of UASG can be achieved with quicker pace? Can we expect to hear on it during Face-to-Face Coordination Group meeting in Washington DC programmed next week?

William Donovan

Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 at 1:11 PM From: "Don Hollander"  To: "ua-discuss at icann.org"  Subject: [UA-discuss] UASG Coordination Group - Face to Face Meeting

FYI:  The UASG is having a Face-to-Face Coordination Group meeting in Washington DC from January 7 to January 9th .

The agenda and associated papers are currently being prepared .

The meeting will consider a refresh of the group Strategic Plan particularly in light of the ICANN&rsquos Board inclusion of Universal Acceptance in its strategic agenda .

Like all our meetings, we&rsquoll provide remote access .

If you are thinking about attending in person, would you please let me know so that we can manage the logistics .

Thanks .

Don

Don Hollander
Secretary General &ndash UASG
Skype: Don_Hollander

 . Do not Remove:[HID]20190101154128699[-HID]
[XGENFOOTER]

[-XGENFOOTER]