[UA-discuss] Proposal: Handling Numbering of the UASG Documents

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 8 21:31:21 UTC 2019

For comparison, the Unicode Standard has the model where a link
generally would get you the latest version of a document, but each
document contains a header with a link to the previous revision of the
document.

That way, if you want to point people to the latest version of a
document you can use an "evergreen" link, but if you need to be sure
that the link goes to a specific version, there's that option as well.

http://uasg.tech/document/uasg012/email_address_internationalization_EAI_a_technical_overview/
or
http://uasg.tech/document/uasg012/email_address_internationalization_EAI_a_technical_overview/latest

would get the latest version and

http://uasg.tech/document/uasg012/email_address_internationalization_EAI_a_technical_overview/2018-05-12/

would be a specific version. Each version remaining unaltered once posted.

A./