[UA-discuss] Proposal: Handling Numbering of the UASG Documents

Asmus Freytag (c) asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 9 01:08:34 UTC 2019

On 1/8/2019 3:58 PM, Mike Hemp wrote:
> For the god sake do not make it complicated for people. RFC/IETF is
> only for highly technical community not for website and general
> application developers. Keep complications behind and keep the things
> simple for general audience. UASG is for everyone and must be
> understood very easily. Asmus idea is great. Get rid of numbers
> please. People who make money from technical stuff make issues
> complicated and would come up with such ideas.

W3C manages without numbers.

But that requires short names like "CSS" or "HTML" or something.

Having to always cite documents by a full title like "email address
internationalization EAI a technical_overview" gets pretty old.
However, changing the title around a bit to something like EAI Overview:
Email Address Internationalization (EAI), would allow "EAI Oveview" or
"UASG EAI Overview" as shorthand, which arguably would be more
self-explanatory than UASG 02.

A./