[UA-discuss] Proposal: Handling Numbering of the UASG Documents

Dr Ajaay Data ajaay at data.in
Fri Jan 25 06:09:49 UTC 2019

It looks good to me. Offcourse 2019-01-25 is more clear than 20190125 , but just in case if we wish to get away with - . Thanks.

Dr. Ajaay DATA  | Founder &amp CEO

Get email id like अजय@डाटा.भारत in your own language,visit www.xgenplus.com

From: Don Hollander   MailId : [88254506]To: Tex ,Asmus Freytag ,"ua-discuss at icann.org" Subject: Re: [UA-discuss] Proposal: Handling Numbering of the UASG DocumentsDate: 25 Jan 2019 11:15:29 AM

Thanks .

How&rsquos this?

Document Number (e.g. UASG000) &ndash this will be maintained as a consistent reference name for a document.  NB: No hyphen in the document number .
Document Short Title (e.g. UASG000 Inventory of Material) &ndash this will be included in the file name .
Document Language (e.g. UASG000 Inventory of Material EN) &ndash this will be included in the file name .
Document Revision &ndash (e.g. UASG000 Inventory of Material  EN  2019-01-25) This will be based on the publication date and represented in the file name as yyyy-mm-dd.  It will also be included within the document .
Document Link &ndash (e.g. https://uasg.tech/documents/UASG000-Inventory-of-Material EN 2019 01 25.pdf ) This will be based on the language of the document and is what&rsquos published on the UASG.Tech website and will retrieve the latest official version of the document.
Archives: The UASG.tech website will include a repository of deprecated versions of documents that will be stored and displayed based on its file name (which will include the published date)
Revision Details: For most documents we will maintain a table at the end showing a summary of revisions.  Where a document is used a brochure, this will not be done .

Revision Notes:

2019-01-25

Added Document Naming and Storage Conventions

2018-12-25

Added expected review dates

From: UA-discuss  On Behalf Of Tex Sent: Friday, 25 January 2019 1:23 PM To: `Asmus Freytag`  ua-discuss at icann.org Subject: Re: [UA-discuss] Proposal: Handling Numbering of the UASG Documents

Thanks for the clarification Asmus. I agree with you, brochures shouldn&rsquot have revision histories .

I had noticed the one place where Jim used the word &ldquoreservation&rdquo and thought your second sentence was independent from the first, and commenting on that-
&ldquoI have reservations about embedding text like "wp-content/uploads/" in the official document link&rdquo

So it&rsquos all good .
Tex

From: UA-discuss [mailto:ua-discuss-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Asmus Freytag Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 4:10 PM To: ua-discuss at icann.org Subject: Re: [UA-discuss] Proposal: Handling Numbering of the UASG Documents