[UA-discuss] Google Sheets UA oversight

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at icann.org
Mon Jul 8 07:17:17 UTC 2019

Hi Mark,

Please consider filing a ticket at https://uasg.tech/global-support-centre/, and ICANN Global support team can try to raise this as well.

Regards,
Sarmad

From: UA-discuss <ua-discuss-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of "Mark W. Datysgeld" <mark at governanceprimer.com>
Date: Monday, July 8, 2019 at 4:37 AM
To: "ua-discuss at icann.org" <ua-discuss at icann.org>
Subject: [UA-discuss] Google Sheets UA oversight

Hello, everyone.

Miguel Estrada from LACTLD brought to my attention that a trick that is being shared among system administrators for Google Sheets is to call the function "=ISEMAIL()", which validates a range of email addresses returning them as TRUE or FALSE.

It so happens that this function is not UA-compliant.

I bring the question to the UA community of who would be the point person at Google to reach out for this to be filed as an issue internally.

Best regards,
--
Mark W. Datysgeld from Governance Primer [www.markwd.website]
Representing businesses in IG together with AR-TARC and ABES