[UA-discuss] Request for review: Report on Evaluation of Websites for Acceptance of E-mail Addresses, 2019

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Sat Jul 13 14:41:13 UTC 2019

On 13 Jul 2019, at 10:20, Charles 'chaals' (McCathie) Nevile wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 15:32:03 +0200, Marc Blanchet
> <marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca> wrote:
>
>> good. but my point is that we shall provide to people reading the
>> document some ways to find the status of the issue.
>
> Sure... but I think we need to do our own testing

sure. testing the html email form of a browser for support of EAI is a
matter of 1 minute by hand. So even with many versions and many
platforms, this is not too complicated to do.

However, as John and I were saying, the rest of the processing of this
input remains probably the biggest issue in the long term and that
requires much more work in testing, either automated or manual or a
combination.

Marc.