[UA-discuss] Request for review: Report on Evaluation of Websites for Acceptance of E-mail Addresses, 2019

John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Mon Jul 15 18:52:55 UTC 2019

In article <op.z4vd4xybag6dn2 at chaalss-macbook-pro.home> you write:
>Note that there are quite a lot of browsers with substantial usage, which
>choose when to do something different, beyond "the 4" that control the
>WHAT-WG. Testing some of those - or filing issues for them to support EAI
>- might be worthwhile.

Unless I missed something fairly basic, the browser has no effect a
web site accepting EAI addreses.  Every browser in the past decade has
enough UTF-8 support to allow sites to input EAI addresses.

The site's Javascript does the address validation and the site's
servers either handle EAI addresses or don't.  The WHATWG pattern is
just a regular expression for programmers to use to validate user
input.

Regards,