[UA-discuss] Some Recommendations in Working Groups

Diana Arteaga dianaarteaga84 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 09:05:28 UTC 2019

Hi Richard

I really appreciate your thought. I do recommend for essential changes in
the present charters of various working groups in UASG for selection of
Chair of the Working Group. Current UASG Leadership team should keep it in
congruently to selection of UASG Leadership team and selection of working
group’s chair (and any co-chairs) should also be done by elections within
all respective working groups.

I recommend below essential changes in the present charters of various
working groups

·         Working group members would select the working group chair (and
any co-chairs) by election. The chair will be member of the UA Coordination
Group along with UASG Chair, Vice-Chairs and other Working Groups’ chairs.

·         The chair role is for one calendar year. He/she should be elected
one month prior to the end of the current chair’s term to ensure a smooth
transition.

*Election Process *

•Electors should come from subscribers to the respective working group
mailing list.

• A Call for Nominations should be made and should remain open for 3
calendar days, Nominations can include self-nominations

• If there are more than one nomination for each position then voting
papers shall be distributed electronically to the members of the respective
working group list and votes must be made and received within 3 days. If
there is only one nomination for each position then no need for a voting.

• Winners should be announced to the UA-Discuss and respective working
group list within 3 calendar days of the closing of the votes. Votes must
be confirmed by an independent person.

I strappingly be certain of that Current UASG Leadership team will approve
this Fair Selection Process which consists of selection by working group
members and reduces the likelihood of bias, increases objectivity and not
on the basis of one’s race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion,
genetic information, disability, or EEO activity.  The greater amount of
objectivity that is built into the selection process the higher the
likelihood that UASG can demonstrate that its selection process was fair.
Also using such selection methods promotes impartiality and neutrality.

Cordially

Diana Arteaga