[UA-discuss] Document Review: UASG011 Frequently Asked Questions

Satish Babu sbabu at ieee.org
Fri Mar 1 03:31:17 UTC 2019

Dear all

I find interesting that (a) UAI is targeted at the end-user, and
consequently, the end-user is a stakeholder in UASG's work; (b) we have
decided that we will not engage directly with end-users; and (c) Despite
deciding so, we 'informally' reach out to end-users through some of our
programs.

IMO, there is a bit of contradiction when these are taken together, and I
respectfully suggest that the UASG clarifies its position *vis-à-vis*
end-users. Noting that UASG does not perhaps have the resources to directly
reach out to end-users everywhere, a more pragmatic approach may be to
engage with end-user organizations/communities including, but not limited
to, ICANN At-Large.

With kind regards

satish