[UA-discuss] RDAP

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu Mar 7 07:31:07 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 06:22:26AM +0000, David Conrad wrote:

> Nothing? The ICANN community put a contractual obligation to deploy RDAP 135 days after the IETF standardized (to Proposed Standard) and it was "commercially reasonable in the context of the overall operation of the registry”.  It’s that latter bit which has taken _years and years_ and outside of the control of the ICANN organization.

I should have been clearer that the policy-making side of the
community, which needed to adopt real policy changes in order to do
many of the things that were desirable, froze up in the same way it
has since the beginning over every whois discussion.  I did not intend
in any way to impugn ICANN the organization, which did in my opinion
extend itself right to the limits of existing consensus policies in
order to inspire RDAP adoption and deployment.

> Suggesting ICANN has done nothing is IMHO insulting.

I offer my sincere apologies for any insult I caused.  It was
inadvertent but that is not an excuse.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com