[UA-discuss] RDAP

Maxim Alzoba m.alzoba at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:28:44 UTC 2019

Hello All,

For many years registration data have been in English ( yes, sometimes poorly transliterated, but still),
so I do not think that RDAP implementations of Registries and Registrars will suffer from UA issues, but only due to the
ASCII  (here I meant the set of characters allowed in RA and RAA 2013 contracts)
nature of the data in the platforms (real contractual data of a Registrar is not equal to the restoration data, for many reasons).

I do not speak about short implementation time (platforms are already live and punishments for not following SLAs are severe for Registries).

One of the biggest issues is RSEP procedures for Registries (the moment a Registry tries to use non ASCII there - rises Compliance issues ).
And - even if a Registry implements non ASCII output of it's
RDAP - Registrars have to be big enough to spend time and money on something , which is optional for them.

Sincerely Yours,

Maxim Alzoba
Special projects manager,
International Relations Department,