[UA-discuss] [Ext] Re: Document Review: UASG006 - Relevant RFCs

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 8 23:03:55 UTC 2019

On 5/8/2019 3:23 PM, Nabil Benamar wrote:
> Hi Don,
>
> The title could be "Relevant RFCs and Unicode reports to Universal
> Acceptance"
>
> And a separate table for Unicode reports within the same document.

The Unicode "technical reports" series includes both reports and
standards. The ones related to securities should all be "Unicode
Technical Standards" or "UTS", as in UTS#36, if not annexes to the main
Unicode standard (or "UAX", as in UAX15). None of them are "UTR" which
would be the designator for "technical reports".

Just like RFCs are not longer really "request for comments", as may have
been the case originally.

Now, the SSAC statement, as well as the W3C documents on text layout
requirements fit neither of the categories.

"Standards and other documents related to Universal Acceptance"

would cover it.

A./