[UA-discuss] GNSO requested deferral of IDN Guidelines 4.0 Vote - CPH / Registrants impact

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 10:35:57 UTC 2019

For sure, if I were an IDN registrant and experienced rejection of my domain name (or email address) by some application because all of a sudden it becomes a “forbidden” variant, I would be seriously annoyed.
It is true that the affected domain names are probably a rounding error compared to the hundreds of millions domain names, but it would nevertheless (further) reduce confidence in IDNs - and this is something that we really do not need.
Cheers,
Roberto