[UA-discuss] Ideas for engagement with stakeholders in Germany
Mark W. Datysgeld
mark at governanceprimer.com
Sun Nov 24 03:22:09 UTC 2019
I exchanged a few messages with Lars earlier this year, and would like
to present below some points he raised that should be useful both for
the IGF next week and looking towards ICANN meeting C next year, being
tailored towards German stakeholders. In my view, we can aim to always
try gathering such regional insights moving forward to optimize our
*Special characters:* Eszett (ß) and Umlaut (ü) have fallback options by
* Eszett becomes "ss".
* Capital Eszett (ẞ) has only recently been introduced officially to
the language, meaning that anything in capital letters used to be
written using "SS" even on the press.
* Umlaut characters (ä, ö, ü) become "ae", "oe", "ue".
* Fallback: the popular cityTLD for "Köln" is run under ".koeln" and
".cologne" to avoid the Umlaut.
* ".berlin" is a popular gTLD and is in active use for varied
purposes, including local businesses.
* Other relevant gTLDs: ".hamburg", ".bayern", ".ruhr", ".nrw" and
Hopefully this can help us engage better. Safe journeys to all of those
traveling to the IGF!
Mark W. Datysgeld from Governance Primer [www.markwd.website]
In partnership with AR-TARC and the Brazilian Association of Software Companies (ABES)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the UA-discuss