[UA-discuss] What news of UA in 2019-2020 should the Unicode Conference hear?

Jim DeLaHunt list+uasg at jdlh.com
Tue Apr 14 04:19:48 UTC 2020

UA Colleagues:

I have heard back from the Internationalisation and Unicode Conference
that this proposal, for a session on the news in UA in 2019-2020, was
not quite accepted. It was put on a waitlist. If another speaker
cancels, they will call on me to do this session. They think it is
likely they will call on me.

Thus, I am still interested in suggestions about what are the top news
stories for Universal Acceptance in 2019 and 2020. See below for the
kind of material I'm looking for. My deadline is to have a draft
presentation in early September, so I would like suggestions between now
and early August. The conference is in October 14-16, 2020.

Of course, in the few weeks between when I submitted my proposal and
when they accepted, the COVID-19 pandemic has turned all decisions about
face-to-face conferences like this upside-down. I have no idea whether
the conference will go ahead in person, or switch to video, or be
cancelled. I will proceed to write the content anyway. It will surely be
useful for someone.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Best regards,
       —Jim DeLaHunt, software engineer, Vancouver, Canada