[UA-discuss] Maybe email addresses and URLs might not matter anymore?

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Wed Jul 29 18:22:39 UTC 2020

On 29 Jul 2020, at 14:12, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Marc,
> I get your point, but have a comment and a question.
> I assume that the email address used for the subscription will still
> be used for other things like FB password recovery and more, so it is
> probably not a “use once and throw away”, and therefore not just
> an irrelevant detail.

of course. but in the mind of the teenagers, the email address itself
does not matter. It could be we18123987 at sadflkjadsf.mail, since it is
not their real identity, the identity that they are sharing. Instead
they are sharing through the social networks.

> The question is whether that service that you mention is UA-ready,
> i.e. whether somebody who has an internationalised email address will
> be able to register for the services.

of course.

I’m not saying to abandon work on UA. I was reacting (and mostly
agreeing) to Jim’s comment about (my words) how less relevant are
email addresses nowadays compared to before. That’s it.

Marc.